Malt-O-Meal® Recipe Box
Mommy’s Kitchen Sweet Potato Casserole
A word from the Chef:
“Oh how I love the foods of the holiday season. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, it is the one time of the year that I get to spend lots of time with my family and enjoy all of my favorite foods. Everyone has their one favorite dish that they look forward to every year. You know the one dish you cant wait to dig into when it’s placed on the table. Well for me it’s my favorite is Sweet Potato Casserole. Creamy sweet potatoes with a sweet crunchy topping made of brown sugar, butter, pecans and Malt-O-Meal Crispy Rice cereal.”
- Boil sweet potatoes whole with the skin on until the sweet potatoes are cooked and fork tender.
- Remove from water and cool completely so you can remove the skin.
- Add cooked sweet potatoes, butter, eggs, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, vanilla and spices together.
- You can blend everything together with a hand mixer.
- Pour into a greased baking dish. I used a 8 x 4 inch round baking dish. Set aside and prepare topping.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, pecans and crispy rice cereal togehter.
- Add the topping on top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Let cool for at least 25 before serving.
This wonderful family recipe was contributed by Malt-O-Meal Facebook Family Member, Tina Butler. Tina is also the Owner and Author of her own blog! Find her at: www.mommyskitchen.net. Do you have a favorite Holiday recipe to contribute to one of our Facebook Family Cookbooks? Go to: www.facebook.com/MaltOMealFanPage to become a Fan Family Member and get the full details. Enjoy!
- 4 -cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 3/4 – cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 – egg, beaten
- 1 – cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 – tsp cinnamon
- 1 – tsp nutmeg
- 1 – tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 – cup sugar
- 1 – cup brown sugar
- 1/2- cup margarine (softened)
- 2 – cups Malt-O-Meal Crispy Rice cereal
- 1 – cup chopped pecans